Create Scripted Behaviours
Combine Actions into Powerful Scripts
QuarkXPress® lets you build powerful scripted behaviours with a point-and-click interface — no coding required. You can create simple scripts that play sounds and open windows, or longer and more complex scripts that display a slideshow or repeat a series of actions over and over.
You can even create a script that guides the user through a series of test questions, then grades the test and displays the result.
Best of all, you don’t have to learn a programming language — you can just choose options from drop-down menus, enter values in fields, and check boxes. You can learn how to do scripting in an interactive layout in less than an hour.
If you want to get a little more serious, QuarkXPress has a feature for that, too — you can create expressions that allow you to use variables and operators to control your interactive project.
How it Works
- Click a button to create a script
- Choose an option from a drop-down menu to add an action to the script
- Use standard controls to configure your actions
At a glance:
- Use Delay actions to wait until an action finishes
- Use loop actions to make things repeat
- Use conditional actions to run other actions on certain weekdays, when objects collide, only on Macs, and so forth
- Respond to user events, page changes, and keystrokes