Quark Releases Content Automation Trends Report 2017
Research Reveals Digital Transformation is Driving Content Initiatives, Improving Customer Satisfaction Remains a Content Priority, and Teams Require Advanced Content Platforms to Stay Competitive
UTRECHT, Netherlands (Information Energy) - 17/05/2017 - Quark Software Inc. released today the Content Automation Trends Report 2017. The research, conducted in conjunction with market research firm InfoTrends, confirms that while digital transformation is driving content initiatives for most organisations, content teams continue to struggle to meet the need for engaging, device-specific content. In fact, less than 20 percent of study respondents are confident their content is consistent across channels. This, along with other research findings, indicates a need for large organisations to move beyond basic file sharing and even traditional enterprise content management (ECM) in order to remain competitive.
Download a free copy of The Content Automation Trends Report 2017.
Quark and InfoTrends surveyed 252 businesses worldwide with respondents spanning a range of industry sectors, departments, and job roles. The research objectives were to gain insight on current practices for managing content throughout its life cycle, uncover challenges content teams face, and better understand technology spend and investment outlook.
- Businesses spend on average $779K a year on content-related technology with the highest budgets reported in financial services ($1.4M in 2017).
- The key objective driving businesses to invest in content-related technology is improving customer satisfaction, which mirrors results from 2016. However, efforts to reduce costs and improve compliance increased noticeably between 2016 and 2017.
- Digital transformation initiatives are driving a focus on content. The top two initiatives noted by respondents are improving the intranet/portal content consumption experience for employees and moving content online.
- Email and PDF are still major pain points. Most respondents indicated they spend too much time managing content and have difficulties with PDF (70%) and email (78%) as tools for reviewing content.
- Most businesses do not accurately know who is consuming their content (13%) or on which device it is being consumed (14%). Meanwhile, stakeholders continue to require an increasing amount of Web and mobile content.
- The use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) or machine learning technology for content is still very nascent with the strongest application found in customer service-related content (22%).
to access to a 40+ page eBook showcasing the findings of the Content Automation Trends Report 2017. Have questions about content automation? Contact Quark
What is Content Automation?
Content automation is a transformational approach to the content lifecycle that is designed to address the complex challenges that plague the creation, management and delivery of multi-channel content. It does so by removing the delays in previewing and approving content and designs for various media, and facilitating the efficient creation, updating, and re-use of content across multiple channels.
About Quark Software Inc.
Quark Software Inc. (www.quark.com
) develops a content automation platform that helps large organizations streamline the creation, management, publishing and delivery of business-critical content. Our solutions automate the process with reusable Smart Content components that can be dynamically assembled and delivered with precision in any format and to any channel — web, tablet, mobile, print, and more. As a result, leaders in industries such as finance, manufacturing, energy, and government can reduce costs, save time, improve consistency and make their content brilliant.
# # #
Quark and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark Software Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries.