Free QuarkXPress 10 Update Boosts Performance, Offers Best-in-Class 8000% Zoom and More
Denver, CO - 03/03/2014 - Quark Software Inc. announced today QuarkXPress® 10.1, a major update to QuarkXPress 10 that is available free of charge to all version 10 users. It delivers a powerful package of new and improved features based on customer feedback including 8000% zoom and dynamic guides. The new update adds HTML5 animation capabilities to App Studio™ layouts within QuarkXPress and provides version 10 support for Quark Publishing Platform™.
Available as a perpetual license, customers can rely on ongoing value from their investment in QuarkXPress 10. No subscriptions are necessary and users can take advantage of affordable support programs and dual activation, plus free upgrades throughout each version cycle.
What’s new in QuarkXPress 10.1:
- 8000% Zoom: Designers love details. That’s why QuarkXPress now offers the deepest zooming options available in leading layout and photo tools so that designers can, for example, position images as precisely as possible.
- Dynamic Guides: Tired of manually creating guides to align elements in a layout? Dynamic guides automatically appear when items that are created, moved or resized align with other items on the page. Dynamic guides also show when items have the same width and height as other elements on the page or when several items have the same distance to other items to help evenly distribute elements.
- HTML5 Animations: Use QuarkXPress to easily create HTML5 animations such as slide-in from the side, fade or grow elements. Use these animations in App Studio to easily add interactive animations to app content.
- Books and Collaboration: Books are back and better than ever! The new, rebuilt book feature now works seamlessly with projects and layouts so users can specify one or more layouts for inclusion in a single book. Books can sync indexes, table of contents and other design elements, such as colours and stylesheets, and can be exported to one or multiple PDFs. This new flexible approach is also an ideal way to create publications that contain multiple page sizes.
- Export as Image: Simply export boxes, partial pages or whole pages as static pixel based images (PNG, JPG).
- Custom Colour Schemes: Now you can create your own user interface colour settings in the preferences menu. *Mac only
- QR Code Enhancements: Change URL and other content on existing QR codes and create pixel or vector-based codes.
See a full list of all features and enhancements here: www.quark.com/10
QuarkXPress 10.1 supports Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks as well as Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. It can be downloaded here: http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/
To purchase or test QuarkXPress 10.1, visit:
Quark Store: http://shop.quark.com
Quark Authorized Resellers: http://www.quark.com/Buy/QuarkXPress_Sales/ResellerSearch.aspx
Quark Sales: http://www.quark.com/Buy/QuarkXPress_Sales/Customer_Service/
Test Drive QuarkXPress 10.1: http://www.quark.com/Products/QuarkXPress/Test_Drive.aspx
*For users who already tested QuarkXPress 10.x, the Test Drive will be reset when QuarkXPress 10.1 is downloaded, giving designers an additional 30 days to try it out.
About Quark Software Inc.
Quark’s software enables organisations of all sizes to meet customer demand for engaging, relevant communications when, where and how they want them. Our solutions combine the power of XML with flexible layout and design to automate the delivery of customer communications to print, Web, and interactive experiences on the latest digital devices. Financial services firms, manufacturers, and governments around the world rely on Quark solutions to elevate customer communications to new levels, reduce time to market, and lower costs.
# # #
Quark, QuarkXPress, App Studio, Quark Publishing Platform and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark Software Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.