Structured authoring is the foundation for an automated publishing process.
Knowledge workers can author once then use their content for output to print, Web, smartphone and digital devices. Structured authoring streamlines the publishing workflow while reducing errors and maintaining information consistency which makes for more accurate, timely and relevant customer communications.
Learn about Structured Authoring from the perspective of:
Quark XML Author works within Word and can be deployed across the entire organization increasing efficiency for all types of documents in all departments.
- Integrates with Quark Publishing Platform, Microsoft SharePoint, IBM FileNet Content Manager, and other content management systems
- Automates manual processes to streamline publishing
- Reduces translation costs
When creating content in Microsoft Word, Quark XML Author modifies the operation of the user interface to correspond with XML requirements.
- Accesses Intelligent Styles with a single keystroke
- Eliminates redundancy and improves accuracy
- Assembles information based on audience
Designers can use structured content components to create layouts specific to the delivery medium or the target audience.
- Allows flexibility while maintaining control over the design and branding
- Eliminates copy and pasting
- Applies automated formatting
What Analysts Are Saying:
"Quark XML Author provides knowledge workers with an easy XML authoring and content contribution tool, to improve productivity and reduce cycle time. The fact that this tool is for the mainstream — and not just for someone who knows XML — makes it that much more powerful, and positions Quark for increased success as a leader in the dynamic publishing market."
— Mukul Krishna, Global Director Digital Media Practice, Frost & Sullivan