Reduce the Strain of Fast-paced, Deadline-driven Newspaper Publishing
Quark® and QuarkXPress® have provided powerful tools for producing newspapers for more than 25 years. With this much experience, we’ve perfected tools to help you meet the demands of fast-paced, deadline-driven newpaper publishing.
Composition Zones: Take the Pain Out of Deadlines
Composition Zones® allow local and remote users to work on different parts of the same project at the same time. Designers, writers, editors, and paginators can all work on the same file simultaneously, divvying up tasks as needed. This type of collaboration helps make deadlines mangeable and keeps everyone more productive.
Synchronize Content: Create Once and Use Many Times
By synchronizing content that appears in multiple places, you can eliminate a lot of repetitive work. The Synchronized Content feature is great for footers, copyrights, page-head banners, multi-component logos, illustrations, and much more. And you can synchronize text and pictures with or without formatting, depending on whether you want maximum flexibility or strict consistency.
Powerful Pagination Tools for Easy Layout
With automatic page numbering, text linking, spell checking, customizable hyphenation and justification, and multiple layouts, QuarkXPress makes the layout of even complex newspapers easy.
- Composition Zones give local and remote users simultaneous access to the same file
- Synchronized text reduces errors in repetitive typing tasks
- Synchronized attributes make for quick project-wide updates
- Customizable hyphenation and justification provide for beautiful, well-fit text
- Spell checking provided in 30 languages
- Multiple layouts let you manage sections and inserts in a single project file