Professional Publishing Tools for the Designer, Writer, and Layout Artist
Creating a magazine requires a full set of tools — for the illustrator, designer, graphic artist, writer, and editor. QuarkXPress® provides all of these tools and much more.
You can create custom graphics using the advanced illustration and pen tools; edit images, layers, alpha channels, and more with picture tools; create beautiful text with hanging characters, drop caps, custom hyphenation and justification, and multilingual spell checking; and lay out long documents by creating sections and linked stories.
Shorten Your Production Cycle through Collaboration
Composition Zones® enable you and your team to divvy up the workflow — allowing different people to work on different parts of a magazine simultaneously — without chopping up documents. Share Composition Zones with local and remote users, and watch as your magazine updates while you work with the content created by your collaborators. You can also bring copywriters and reviewers directly into your magazine workflow using QuarkCopyDesk®.
You can use synchronized content to further enhance your productivity. You can create content once and then use it in multiple places, or even in multiple layouts. You can also synchronize text with or without formatting, for maximum flexibility.
- Take advantage of tools for all phases of magazine production
- Import native text and graphics from sources such as Microsoft® Word and Photoshop®
- Drag and drop content from your desktop to a layout
- Create stunning text with professional-grade hyphenation, justification, hanging characters, and drop caps
- Automate repetitive tasks with synchronized content
- Add interactive content for online versions