Boxes and Groups Move Automatically With Your Text
Imagine you’re creating a textbook with pictures in the sidebar, and you want the pictures to always appear on the same page as the text they illustrate. Or a guidebook where you want to put floating icons to the left of some paragraphs. Or a magazine where you want a column-spanning pull-quote box that always falls on the same page as the corresponding text. You can do all of these things manually — or you can do them automatically with the QuarkXPress® Callouts feature.
The Callouts feature lets you associate a box or group (a callout) with a specific point in the text flow called a callout anchor. When the text reflows and the callout anchor moves, the callout automatically moves with it — whether it’s to a different part of the page, or to a different page altogether.
For maximum flexibility, you can position a callout relative to the page or spread, or relative to the position of the callout anchor itself. You can create callout styles, which work like style sheets and make configuring a callout as easy as clicking a palette. An intuitive interface makes it all easy to learn and easy to use.
How it Works
- Just insert a callout anchor in the text, then click an item or group and associate it with that callout anchor
- You can modify each callout’s settings individually, or use callout styles to speed things up
At a glance:
- Create callouts easily — no awkward manual cut-and-paste operations
- Position callouts precisely with comprehensive horizontal and vertical alignment options
- Configure callouts easily with a single, linear dialog box
- Include callout styles in Job Jackets®
- Use callouts with tables