QuarkXPress 9 XTensions
QuarkXPress® 9 XTensions will offer users hundreds of ways to add even more functionality to QuarkXPress. Developed by members of QuarkAlliance, XTensions software cover a wide range of applications, from advanced spell check, pre-flighting, and exporting products to translation applications, image-management software, and more.
QuarkAlliance members developing XTensions software for QuarkXPress 9 include:
Alter Ego Services
- Q++Studio is a diary- and calendar-publishing software system that is compatible with QuarkXPress versions 3 through 9 and is used by many well-known diary publishers worldwide.
- AutoCorrectXT allows users to mark misspelled words and correct common typing mistakes while typing, just like Microsoft® Word.
Download demo: Mac (11.9 MB) Windows (11.5 MB)
axaio software gmbh
- MadeToPrint enhances the reliability of PDF creation and optimizes print-output processes as well as exports to other file formats.
Download demo (163 MB)
- ContactPage allows users to create customizable contact sheets of pictures with user-defined captions and annotations. Download demo.
- Duplica allows you to sample and apply text and item attributes using multiple clipboards. Simply choose the attributes you wish to copy, and then use the eyedroppers to duplicate the same styling in other parts of the document. Download demo.
- Exportools Professional enables users to output as single-page files any number of QuarkXPress projects in batch. With its unique file-naming capabilities, preflighting options, and intuitive design, Exportools Professional can quickly and effectively generate hundreds of PDF, PostScript®, or print files. Download demo
- FullMeasure is a powerful control palette that gives you instant access to more than 160 functions, attributes and tools right at your fingertips. The FullMeasure strip is organized into 12 panels that comprise text and paragraph formats, rule settings, picture information, document preferences and more. Download demo
- OpenNow Pro allows users to open any QuarkXPress project’s picture with the application of their choice and at the same time view detailed and comprehensive picture information. Double-click any picture to see all image settings, such as color model, effective resolution, and the full path. Download demo
- AdPerks is a classified ad-order entry system for newspapers.
- Classified Pagination is a classified-pagination system for use with Brainworks’ AdPerks ad-order entry system.
- ROP Ad Layout is a pagination system for Retail ROP (run of paper) display ads.
- Print2iPad is a solution that allows for seamless integration of digital-output channels (such as tablets, smartphones, ePaper, Web sites, archives, and syndication) into print production processes. Use QuarkXPress to enrich XML data with multimedia, interactive content, slide shows, movies, audio, pictures, and more. Learn more.
- ex TranslationFilter allows for bidirectional export/import of QuarkXPress text content (structured and segmented) to a Microsoft Word document or a XLIFF file and back. This is the missing link between QuarkXPress projects and translation memory systems such as Trados®, Across®, memoQ®, and others. Learn more.
- PictureXTracker updates the allocation between QuarkXPress projects and pictures with a click, even within complex folder structures while making it easy to reassign pictures by showing a preview and detailed picture information.
- OPI_Swapper quickly and efficiently swaps OPI layout data for OPI high-resolution data and vice versa. Swapping is possible for several QuarkXPress projects at once, for a complete project, or by picture boxes. As needed, low- or high-resolution data can be loaded with a mouse click within projects.
- Xactuell is a database-publishing tool that allows centrally maintained product information to be used for different print publications. Xactuell supports drag-and-drop functionality and allows users to update information at any time.
Download demos of CoDesCo XTensions
College Fund Software
- Rounded Corners XT allows QuarkXPress users to round any corner of a rectangular text or picture box.
- Poly Box XT allows QuarkXPress users to independently vertically resize each column of a multi-column text box.
- Box Split XT allows QuarkXPress users to split a text or graphic box into a series of boxes or lines. This XTensions software is designed to make form creation a lot easier.
- SpellBound XT provides a comprehensive spell checker that gives users access to the definitive, up-to-date, and essential terms from the world's major reference sources.
FlightAlert XT combines on-the-fly error checking with one of the most-powerful collect-for-output engines available. FlightAlert is unique among flight-checking products in that it does not require the user to invoke or apply FlightAlert because it processes the project in the background. Learn more
- CloudForm™ is an XTensions module for QuarkXPress that allows users to quickly and easily add dynamic forms controls to define form templates and workflows. It can be used with FormsX Server™ to deliver powerful forms management without the need for any programming.
- Xtags is a powerful import and export text filter supporting the full QuarkXPress tags language plus its own extended Xtags tags for tremendous document-building and extracting power.
- Xdata brings the full layout, design, typographic, and picture publishing power of QuarkXPress to bear on all repetitive, data-driven publishing tasks.
- Xcatalog creates transparent links between QuarkXPress documents and databases so that users can update prices, graphics, product information, and even change versions and swap languages automatically.
Learn more and download these XTensions from Em Software
- DATAform is an XTensions module for QuarkXPress to set up a complete bi-directional connection between a database and your Mac or Windows QuarkXPress project. Learn More
- MathMagic Pro enables users to write any mathematical equations and scientific symbols within QuarkXPress projects. The baseline of inline equations automatically align to the text line. It also supports MathML, LaTeX, MathType, Microsoft Word equations, and other formats. Learn more Mac | Windows.
- Autopage: save time laying out the pages of textbooks, yellow pages, directories, dictionaries, journals, and trade books while producing structured QuarkXPress projects. Autopage creates QuarkXPress projects that are easily edited interactively while they can be viewed, edited, and printed without the Autopage XTensions software.
- Using ArabicXT in conjunction with QuarkXPress, anyone can learn to create superb bi-directional page layouts to produce top-quality professional Arabic and Latin publications without the need for an Arabic operating system. Download now
- ID2Q converts Adobe® InDesign® documents directly into QuarkXPress projects. ID2Q will convert items from an InDesign file that includes page positioning, fonts and styles, images, and text attributes, as well as tables, layers, blends, runarounds, linked text boxes, anchored boxes, and color models.
- MarkzTools helps to prevent corrupted QuarkXPress projects. Users can verify the saved QuarkXPress project and be alerted if the integrity of the file is suspect. MarkzTools is the only solution to retrieve text from corrupt QuarkXPress projects.
North Atlantic Publishing Systems, Inc.
- CopyFlow Gold is a translation tool that exports formatted text out of QuarkXPress to a computerized translation system, and then batch imports the translated text back into its original QuarkXPress page location while preserving the typographic formatting and inline items. Download free demo Mac | Windows
- DOCX ImportXT is an importing module that supports .docx file formats. Choose to import without style attributes, with styles including style sheets, or using just the three primary attributes (bold, italic, and superscript) and apply QuarkXPress styles during the import routine.
- ODT ImportXT is a document-importing module that supports .odt file formats. Choose to import without style attributes, with styles including style sheets, or using just the three primary attributes (bold, italic, and superscript) and apply QuarkXPress styles during the import routine.
- LIS Publishing Engine is part of the Layout Intelligence Suite (LIS). It supports both QuarkXPress and QuarkXPress Server with the LIS. Supporting highly automated layouts and completely creative designs, the LIS Publishing Engine provides intelligent mechanisms for creative people.
- MediaInteraction allows users to produce illustrated catalogs, brochures, and catalogs almost automatically through a Web browser. It allows users to use simple and intuitive work methods such as drag and drop and AJAX.
- MediaRally Technology Framework is a collection of Web-based solutions used for database publishing.
- Sonar Bookends creates an automatic index for books being created in QuarkXPress. The Sonar Bookends Professional version can find and index proper nouns, subjects of sentences, words based on frequency, or a list of user-supplied words or phrases.
- Annotator works in conjunction with Xinet FullPress print queues and enables users to create PDFs that contain interactive links to images that reside on the FullPress/WebNative server. Request a free demo
- Asset Browser helps automate the production of large, complex design layouts. It offers users an active, mini Web browser within QuarkXPress itself. Without having to leave the layout application, designers can search for assets and drag them directly to a layout document with simple, efficient navigation. Request a free demo
- Picture Wrangler® automatically finds and relinks images that have been moved off-site for layout, proofing, or other purposes. It also gives QuarkXPress users the ability to collect for output for either the high-resolution or the FPO images in a project. Request a free demo
- WebNative® creates previews for QuarkXPress projects. The previews can be viewed through WebNative and contains links to images used in the document. Users can also drag and drop images from the Web preview directly into documents on the desktop. Request a free demo