Design on the Go with Quark DesignPad
Design on your iPad wherever you are with DesignPad, the iPad app that puts grid-based design control in the palm of your hand.
Using an entirely new approach to design, you can quickly experiment with different layouts and create anything from a poster or postcard to a newsletter right on your iPad — then share it on Twitter, by email, print it or further develop it in QuarkXPress.
Read what's new in Quark DesignPad 2
Pro Feature Pack
Unlock the new Pro Feature Pack and gain access to professional output and new sharing capabilities. Save and share print-quality PDFs or save PNG and PDF versions to DropBox for immediate access anywhere or directly print out your design via the new AirPrint support.
Bring your creativity to life!
› Download Now from iTunes
“Great app. Easy to use and does exactly what it says it does”
“Now anyone can easily design directly on their iPad. You don’t have to be a professional designer to use this tool — even my kids can design with DesignPad”
With DesignPad you can:
- Create stunning designs in minutes, in a meeting or on the go, directly on your iPad
- Develop concepts interactively and share them instantly with your colleagues, clients and friends
- For ultimate control, turn your DesignPad layout into a completed design by opening it in QuarkXPress* — our award-winning premier professional design and layout software
Professional power and ease of use:
- Choose from grid-based pre-defined layout types such as posters, brochures and advertisements, create your own customized size and layout combinations or start from scratch with a blank document
- Designate US or international document sizes with selectable units of measure
- Let the iPad do the hard work with the randomize layouts button
- Use easy slider controls to adjust all aspects of your layout grid or input exact values
- Customize the number of columns and rows, text and picture areas, caption positions and more
- Save custom layouts for future reuse
- Control box-level text attributes including: font, size, outline, color, and inset position
- Control color and opacity on boxes and frames
- Insert your pictures directly from your iPad, including Photo Stream photos, or choose from the free stock photos provided*
- Easily create unique shapes such as boxes with rounded corners, speech bubbles, stars, polygons, ovals and more
- Position, crop and resize pictures with a swipe and a pinch or use the nudge control for precise positioning including rotation
- Add background images as well as floating text and image boxes
- Copy and paste text directly into your layout
- Turn guides on and off
- Tweet, post to Facebook or email,your layout to clients directly from your iPad
- Open your layout in QuarkXPress to polish your design
- PDF export (Pro Pack Feature only)
- Use a third party tool to convert PDFs into editable Adobe InDesign documents
- Dropbox support (Pro Pack Feature only)
- AirPrint support (Pro Pack Feature only)
- Shadow colors
- New wave shapes for boxes opens up thousands of possibilities (Pro Pack Feature only)
- Remove watermarks (Pro Pack Feature only)
- Nudge controls for precise placement
- Slider stabilization technology
- Dynamic grids that let you change grid parameters on live documents (fluid layouts) (Pro Pack Feature only)
- Stroked text
What’s New in Version 2
- Redesigned for iOS 7
- Support for creating multi-page documents as PDFs and QuarkXPress files
- Text style sheets
- Text patterns—a new, easy way to format text with multiple styles
- Picture Sketcher tool lets you draw your own images within picture boxes
- RGB Color picker option using sliders or text entry
- New right-angle box shapes
- Text overflow indicator including ‘tap to fit’ feature
- Save and share designs as images and PDFs directly to Box (in addition to DropBox) (Pro Pack Feature only)
- Collect designs to Dropbox or Box (layout and images) (Pro Pack Feature only)
Refine your designs with QuarkXPress
QuarkXPress offers the latest tools and capabilities to polish your DesignPad layout with a professional desktop design tool. To export your DesignPad files to QuarkXPress and gain the ultimate in design control, you need to be using QuarkXPress 9 or later.
Equip yourself with the latest tools in design!
Buy or upgrade to QuarkXPress 2017 now
* If you choose the QuarkXPress Layout download option, local iPad pictures are not included in the downloaded files — which are produced remotely — only stock photos. Also, fonts may not appear on machines that don’t have the same font as the iPad. However, they are included in emailed or Tweeted PNG or PDF files which don’t require QuarkXPress.