InfoTrends Research Highlights Need for Content Automation
Respondents Acknowledge Challenges throughout the Content Lifecycle, from Content Creation to Customer Engagement; Challenges Drive More than 35 Vendors to Provide Solutions for Content Automation
Denver, CO - 3/30/2016 - Quark announced today the availability of new research from InfoTrends that confirms the growing need for content automation. The research comes from a recent survey conducted among mid-market, enterprise and large enterprise organisations across a range of industries. The survey finds that while respondents agree that improving customer experience and engagement is their number one content priority, most believe they spend too much time creating, editing, approving, recreating and repurposing the content necessary to deliver outstanding experiences.
David Stabel, Associate Director, InfoTrends, said, “Businesses are struggling with fragmented content strategies, a lack of confidence in the consistency of their content, and increased demand for mobile and Web content. It’s clear from the research that content automation has the potential to solve a wide range of content challenges that today’s ECM solutions are not adequately addressing.”
Download the free InfoTrends Content Automation Survey 2016 whitepaper featuring results exclusively available from Quark.
From creation and management to publishing and delivery, survey respondents face content challenges every day. The InfoTrends Content Automation Survey 2016 captured these primary conclusions.
- Increasing customer satisfaction is the most important business initiative related to content strategy in the next 12 months
- Stakeholders want more Web content, more mobile content, or both
- Current enterprise content management solutions (ECM) are difficult to configure for specific requirements
- ECM solutions don’t support automated content reuse and updating
- PDFs are difficult to review and annotate and email is an inefficient way to review and approve content
- Businesses do not have a good understanding of who is consuming their published content, how, and on which devices
- More than 35 vendors – from content management and XML authoring tools to mobile app development solutions – make up the content automation ecosystem
- Per company spend on content-related technologies in 2015, on average, was more than $800K; spend is expected to increase significantly over the next three to five years, especially in financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, government and public services
InfoTrends has written an exclusive 18-page white paper
for Quark that summarizes key findings of the research. The whitepaper is available as a free download.
The complete InfoTrends Research bundle for the survey is available to purchase from the InfoTrends Store
. This includes a 39-page analysis with 28 tables and figures, a PDF slide presentation, and Excel banner data.
About Content Automation
As businesses focus on embracing digital and mobile publishing, traditional print-based methods (and disconnected Web approaches) of creating, approving, publishing, distributing, and tracking content become increasingly inflexible, time-consuming, and expensive. Content automation tools are designed to optimise the content lifecycle to increase customer satisfaction, reduce costs and deliver content with precision to every channel.
Examples of business-critical content that are well suited for content automation include policies and procedures, technical documentation, investment research, training materials, product data sheets and sales-enablement collaterals.
InfoTrends is the leading worldwide market research and strategic consulting firm for the digital imaging and document solutions industry. They provide research, analysis, forecasts, and advice to help clients understand market trends, identify opportunities, and develop strategies to grow their businesses. www.infotrends.com
About Quark Software Inc.
Quark Software Inc. develops a content automation platform that helps large organisations streamline the creation, management, publishing and delivery of business-critical content. Our solutions automate the process with reusable Smart Content components that can be dynamically assembled and delivered with precision in any format and to any channel — web, tablet, mobile, print, and more. As a result, leaders in industries such as finance, manufacturing, energy, and government can reduce costs, save time, improve consistency and make their content brilliant. www.quark.com
# # #
Quark and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark Software Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries.