Quark Software Inc. Releases September Update of QuarkXPress 2015
Denver, CO - 9/9/2015 - Quark Software Inc. released today the QuarkXPress 2015 September Update. QuarkXPress 2015 is the newest version of Quark’s leading page layout and design software for creative professionals. Since launching, it has received acclaim from industry experts, including 4.5 mice from Macworld, 4 out of five stars from MacNN, and 4.5 out of five stars from Maclife Germany.
QuarkXPress 2015 offers 64-bit performance, certified PDF/X-4 output, fixed layout eBooks and many of the most user-requested features. The new September 2015 update solves known issues and adds additional functionality, including:
- Enhanced Quark Color Manager with Black Point Compensation (BPC) added. BPC is a technique used in comparing and converting varying levels of black across different media.
- Style sheet mapping in reflow ePub exports
- Certified support for Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Footnote Styles that now allow for a space before and after Footnotes and Separator text
- Ability to insert Footnotes/Endnotes in anchored boxes, including nested anchored boxes
- Support for Output Styles in App Studio
- App Studio exports that now allow 3x resolution for image bundles, which is important for new high-resolution mobile devices
- App Studio now allows adding user-specified device specifications (screen dimensions) for HTML5 layouts
- Ability to add interactivity via buttons in page stacks in HTML5 layouts
- Functionality to optionally disable slideshow indicators and video play buttons in HTML5 layouts
- Flow box page numbers in the Content Variables palette
- Enhanced Running Headers that support first and last occurrence on page and spread
- Find/Change support for Content Variables, Footnotes and Convert to Graphic
- Search in Palettes now also available in Item Styles, Index, Books and Callout Styles palettes
The September update for Mac and Windows is free of charge for users of QuarkXPress 2015 and can be downloaded using the built-in Auto Updater. The update is also available from www.quark.com/Support/Downloads
along with a fully-functional Test Drive version.
Purchasing QuarkXPress 2015
Quark now allows upgrades from versions of QuarkXPress dating back to the 1990s (versions 3 – 10). To purchase or upgrade to QuarkXPress 2015, please visit: http://shop.quark.com
, contact the telesales team
, or find a reseller
near you. QuarkXPress offers dual activation, meaning it can be installed on up to two machines and across Mac and Windows platforms. It’s also sold as a perpetual license, which means users are not locked into an ongoing subscription. QuarkXPress 2015 comes with 60-day free support. Additional support and upgrade plans
can be ordered separately.
Learn more about QuarkXPress 2015: http://www.quark.com/2015
About Quark Software Inc.
Quark’s software enables organizations of all sizes to meet customer demand for engaging, relevant communications when, where and how they want them. Our solutions combine the power of XML with flexible layout and design to automate the delivery of customer communications to print, Web, and interactive experiences on the latest digital devices. Financial services firms, manufacturers and governments around the world rely on Quark solutions to elevate customer communications to new levels, reduce time to market and lower costs.
# # #
Quark, QuarkXPress and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark Software Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries.