Love Print. Live Digital: QuarkXPress 10 Now Available
New State-of-the-Art Graphics Engine, Retina Display Support, and more than Fifty Feature Enhancements Mark Significant Modernisation of QuarkXPress
Denver, CO - 9/16/2013 - Quark announced today that QuarkXPress® 10, the newest release of Quark’s page-layout and design software, is now available to purchase directly from Quark through the online Quark Store, Quark Telesales and Quark Authorised Resellers.
QuarkXPress® 10, is new inside and out for designers who love print and live digital. Designers will benefit from:
- Modern Architecture: QuarkXPress 10 is a native Cocoa app that leverages the latest OS X features, offers maximised performance and can rapidly support new OS X releases.
- New Quark Xenon Graphics Engine: The state-of-the-art graphics engine renders rich PDFs, Photoshop and TIFF images and uses its Adaptive Resolution feature to deliver designers the most appropriate on screen resolution in real-time.
- HiDPI and Retina Display Support: Every element of QuarkXPress 10 has been optimised to take full advantage of high-resolution Retina displays like those found on the Mac Book Pro.
- Advanced Digital Publishing Options: QuarkXPress 10 continues to support ePub and Kindle, as well as out-of-the-box HTML5 authoring for App StudioTM, the leading cloud-based solution for creating iOS, Android, and Web apps.
- QR Code Creator: Generate, style, and colour vector Quick Response (QR) codes directly within QuarkXPress.
- East Asian Typography: Now every edition of QuarkXPress 10 supports East Asian typography, including vertical story text, phonetic text reading (rubi) font sets, character grids and more.
- More than Fifty Feature Enhancements: PDF Pass-Through Transparency, Print Preview, Bezier Tool Enhancement, Layers Enhancements and much more.
A complete overview of QuarkXPress 10 is available here: www.quark.com/10
“Details matter more than ever for today’s designers. We set out to modernise QuarkXPress 10 – not just technologically, but from a usability perspective too. Every update and new feature will offer designers more precision, more flexibility, and a more intuitive design space,” said Gavin Drake, Vice President of Marketing, Quark Software Inc. “Though a behind-the-scenes element of QuarkXPress 10, the new Xenon Graphics Engine won’t go unnoticed, especially for designers working on highly graphical projects. It will set a new bar for how designers view the images they work with every day.”
Pre-orders and Buy 9, Get 10 Offers
QuarkXPress 9 customers who pre-ordered QuarkXPress 10 will receive upgrade information directly by email. QuarkXPress users on versions 3-8 who upgraded to version 9 through the Buy 9, Get 10 promotion should make sure they have completed the online redemption form: www.quark.com/Buy9Get10
. Customers who have already completed the redemption form do not need to do so again and will receive upgrade information by email soon.
Note to Editors:
Box shots, logos, and screen shots for QuarkXPress 10 are available. Please contact Sarah Rector at firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
About Quark Software Inc.
Quark’s software enables organisations of all sizes to meet customer demand for engaging, relevant communications when, where, and how they want them. Our solutions combine the power of XML with flexible layout and design to automate the delivery of customer communications to print, Web, and interactive experiences on the latest digital devices. Financial services firms, manufacturers, and governments around the world rely on Quark solutions to elevate customer communications to new levels, reduce time to market, and lower costs.
# # #
Quark, QuarkXPress, App Studio, and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark Software Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.