Digital Magazine Awards 2012 Winners Announced
London - 12/7/2012 - The international Digital Magazine Awards, in association with App Studio and Media on the Move, announced the winners of the 2012 competition at a showcase event held at the Proud Gallery in London on December 6th.
From a field of entries spanning 24 countries and hundreds of nominations, the 2012 winners are:
- Digital Magazine of the Year: Post Gravity
- Magazine Cover of the Year, as voted for by the public through Huffington Post UK: Edge
- Magazine Launch of the Year (New Format): Men's Health iPhone edition
- Magazine Launch of the Year (New Title): Inquire
- Entertainment Magazine of the Year: Cineworld
- Fashion Magazine of the Year: Post Gravity
- Film Magazine of the Year: Total Film
- Food and Drink Magazine of the Year: Lakeland
- Lifestyle Magazine of the Year: British GQ
- Magazine Advertisement of the Year: Economist – Avis
- Motoring Magazine of the Year: evo
- Music Magazine of the Year: AUX
- News and Business Magazine of the Year: Inquire
- Science and Nature Magazine of the Year: Focus
- Specialist Magazine of the Year: Science et vie Kids
- Sports Magazine of the Year: Sport
- Technology and Gadget Magazine of the Year: Wired UK
- Travel Magazine of the Year: National Geographic Traveler
- Editor of the Year: David Rowan, Wired UK
- Designer of the Year: Mark Wynne, Edge
- Photographer/Videographer: Julian George (Nakedeye Media), The Maior
to learn more about the winners.
Bruce Hudson, Digital Magazine Awards' Chairman said, “Congratulations to the 2012 Digital Magazine Awards winners. The creativity and ingenuity exhibited by this year’s award winners is moving digital publishing forward and setting new standards in our industry. Thanks to all our nominees, sponsors, judges, and public voters who helped make the competition and showcase a tremendous success.”
Quark's Vice President of Marketing Gavin Drake said, “Digital publishing is quickly becoming a business requirement for publishers, as well as for all businesses that must reach consumers with timely, engaging content. The Digital Magazine Awards showcase innovators in this new world of communication who are pushing the bounds of interacting with readers through smartphones and tablets. Congratulations to this year’s winners.”
The Digital Magazine Awards 2012 were judged by luminaries from the digital publishing industry including Quark's Director of Mobile Products Paul Danter; CNN International Digital's Vice President and General Manager, Peter Bale; Huffington Post Tech (UK) Managing Editor, Grattan McCoach and Getty Image’s Vice President Christian Toksvig.
About the Digital Magazine Awards 2012
The Digital Magazine Awards 2012 are an international awards celebrating the best of the digital publishing industry with categories ranging from the overall Magazine of the Year and individual awards for Editor, Designer, and Videographer of the Year to award categories for outstanding advertisements.
About App Studio
App Studio (www.AppStudio.net
) is the next generation digital publishing solution that uses HTML5 to push the bounds of user experience without the high cost and effort associated with custom app development. By combining the market-leading HTML5 technology from the recent acquisition of PressRun with Quark’s existing digital publishing technology, App Studio is the only digital publishing solution that allows users to create branded content apps using QuarkXPress, InDesign, HTML5, and XML. Through a managed cloud environment, designers, authors, and extended teams are able to collaborate to create rich, interactive content that can be delivered across multiple platforms and devices.
About Media On The Move
Launched in 2001, Media On The Move (www.mediaotm.com
) is part of John Menzies PLC, which has two operating divisions, Menzies Distribution and Menzies Aviation. With an international reputation as one of the world’s leading travel media management and marketing companies, MoM provide quality reading material to airlines, rail companies and cruise ships across five continents. MoM thrive on professionalism and have an enviable track record in being able to supply a myriad of products for passengers across the globe, from in-flight, executive lounge and on-board retailing. MoM don’t believe in cutting corners and focus on providing the highest quality of service.
# # #