Quark Enterprise Business Grows Fueled by Publishing Automation
Denver, CO - 8/30/2012 - Quark announced today that in the second quarter of 2012 its enterprise business experienced double digit growth over the first quarter of the year. The growth is attributed to new global enterprise customers as well as the successful expansion of the company’s mobile strategy.
- Expanded footprint in the international government sector with the addition of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) as an enterprise client. Based in France, the OECD promotes policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world.
- Awarded new and add-on tablet publishing projects with A&N Media (publishers of Metro), British Medical Journal Group, Channel 4, Guardian News & Media, Haymarket Media Group, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, LINE Communications, RedVisitor, and Wolters Kluwer.
- Launched new dynamic publishing relationships and projects with a number of clients including Hersant Media Group, HSBC, NationNews.com, Government of Rwanda, Standard & Poor’s, Sud Ouest, Trecani.it (L’Enciclopedia Italiana), the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and Wollschlager.
- Announced PressRunTM compatibility with Adobe InDesign CS6, in addition to its compatibility with InDesign CS5 and CS5.5. PressRun uses HTML5 to create compelling apps for the iPad and iPhone, as well as for Android smartphones and tablets, including the Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Released QuarkXPress® 9.3 to allow users to export digital content directly to the Amazon Kindle format.
- Announced support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012, the newest version of Microsoft’s database management system for the enterprise.
Ray Schiavone, Quark President and CEO, said, “Enterprise clients across industries are choosing Quark technology to create and deliver engaging customer communications that drive their business. Our organic growth in dynamic publishing combined with the seamless integration of Mobile IQ has put Quark in an ideal position to help our clients navigate the shift to digital communication.”
Founded in Denver in 1981, Quark’s vision was to create software that would lay the foundation for modern publishing. For 30 years, Quark has delivered on that promise. Quark’s dynamic publishing solutions are setting new standards in automated cross-media publishing by combining the power of XML with flexible layout and design to automate the delivery of customized, intelligent communications across print, the Web, and digital media.
# # #
Quark, QuarkXPress, PressRun, and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark Software Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Sarah Rector, Quark Software Inc., 303-894-3753, email@example.com