QuarkXPress 8.5 Now Available as a Free Update
New QuarkXPress 8 Update Includes DOCX Support, New and Updated PANTONE PLUS Colour Libraries, an Automatic Software Updater, and Resolves a Number of User-reported Issues
DENVER - 11/16/2010 - Quark released today QuarkXPress® 8.5, a free update to Quark’s graphic design and page layout software that is available to all QuarkXPress 8 users. The updates in QuarkXPress 8.5 include support for Microsoft Word DOCX for the first time, updated and new PANTONE colour libraries, an automatic software updater, and a number of resolved issues.
Updates to QuarkXPress 8.5 include:
- DOCX import and export: DOCX is the new XML-based file format for Microsoft Word that was introduced by Microsoft with Microsoft Office 12 and replaced .doc files. QuarkXPress 8.5 now allows users to import and export DOCX (.docx) formats, allowing for greater flexibility when working with the latest file format.
- Quark Updater: It is now easier for users to stay current with QuarkXPress updates. Version 8.5 includes an updater that automatically checks for and downloads new QuarkXPress software as it is released.
- PANTONE library updates: QuarkXPress 8.5 includes updated PANTONE PLUS colour libraries that were released in May 2010. Users can now choose from new libraries, including:
- PANTONE CMYK
- PANTONE COLOR BRIDGE®
- PANTONE PASTELS & NEONS (Coated & Uncoated)
- PANTONE PREMIUM METALLICS CHIPS (Coated)
In addition to increased flexibility and functionality, QuarkXPress 8.5 continues Quark’s commitment to stability and reliability by regularly resolving a number of user-reported issues. A list of the most anticipated issues addressed and resolved, which include Snow Leopard compatibility, PDF export, and Quark Publishing System integration with Job Jackets, can be found here: http://8.quark.com/en/techinfo/known_issues.html
To learn more about QuarkXPress 8.5 and to try a fully-functional 60-day Test Drive version visit: http://8.quark.com/en .
Anyone who purchases or upgrades to QuarkXPress 8 between 1st September and 30th November 2010 will be able to choose between two free bundles worth up to £433/€513. The Magic Software Bundle features MarkzTools (Mac only) and ID2Q from Markzware, as well as 1,000 professional OpenType fonts. The Magic Maintenance Bundle includes a year’s worth of unlimited telephone technical support, the ability to upgrade from any previous version of QuarkXPress, free upgrades to any new versions of QuarkXPress released during the 12 months, and the 1,000 OpenType fonts. To learn more about the special offer, please visit: http://8.quark.com/en/magicbundles/.
Quark Inc. is a leading provider of publishing software for professional designers, small and mid-sized businesses, and large organisations in more than 160 countries. Two decades ago, our flagship product, QuarkXPress®, changed the course of traditional publishing. For more than 25 years, Quark has built on its knowledge and experience in design and publishing to provide software solutions that support collaborative workflows and automated publishing across multiple channels. Today, Quark is revolutionising publishing again by setting new standards in XML-based publishing across print, the Web, and digital media as well as by helping owners and employees of small and mid-sized businesses promote their products and services easily, professionally, and affordably. Denver-based Quark Inc. is privately held.
# # #
Quark, QuarkXPress and the Quark logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark, Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Artwork to illustrate this story is available on request.
Valentina Moressa, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)7506 000817
Online press centre: http://www.quark.com/en/about/presscenter