Industry Experts Offer QuarkXPress 8 Training Resources for Beginners and Professional Users
Leveraging Expert Knowledge of QuarkXPress, Industry Leaders – including Jay Nelson and lynda.com – Produce and Publish Step-by-Step Tutorials and Tips-and-Tricks for QuarkXPress 8 Users
DENVER, COLORADO - 9/23/2009 -
Quark announced today a host of valuable QuarkXPress® 8 training resources created by industry experts to help first-time users get started with the software, while also sharing time-saving tips-and-tricks for professional designers and printers. The training resources cover the new user interface, typographic control, and Flash capabilities built into QuarkXPress 8, as well as the best ways to accomplish everyday designing, printing, workflow management, and colour management activities.
“QuarkXPress 8 Essential Training” from Jay Nelson and lynda.com
The most recent QuarkXPress 8 training resource comes from Jay Nelson, the publisher of Design Tools Monthly and editor of Planet Quark, and lynda.com, a leading source for creative arts-related training materials. In “QuarkXPress 8 Essential Training,” Jay offers over eight hours of short, 1-11 minute video tutorials covering all the tools and features in QuarkXPress 8, from basic page layout to Flash integration and web page creation.
"We are excited to support the QuarkXPress 8 community with this extensive course with Jay Nelson," said Meeghn Hanson, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at lynda.com. "It's our goal to help our members get up to speed on new and advanced features in QuarkXPress 8. With over eight hours and 20 chapters of online tutorials, this course teaches them how to master QuarkXPress 8 for their creative publishing projects."
Preview Jay’s QuarkXPress 8 video tutorials or subscribe to lynda.com to access the full series of training videos here: http://www.lynda.com/quarkxpress8.
QuarkXPress training material also includes English-language books and videos by graphic design experts and long-time QuarkXPress users from around the world, including Cyndie Shaffstall, Kelly Kordes Anton and John Cruise. For more details on all third-party training resources visit: http://8.quark.com/learn_more.html#person.
QuarkXPress 8 Training Books
• QuarkXPress 8: Production Tricks and Experts' Tips by Cyndie Shaffstall and published by the ThePowerXChange.com: http://www.thepowerxchange.com/quarkxpress_8_production_tricks_and_9943_prd1.html
• QuarkXPress 8: Essential Skills for Page Layout and Web Design by Kelly Kordes Anton and John Cruise and published by PeachPit Press: http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=032161691X
• QuarkXPress 8 Step by Step Training by Noble Training: http://www.amazon.com/QuarkXPress-8-Step-Training/dp/1934624055/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251413635&sr=1-2
• QuarkXPress 8, The Basics from IconLogic: http://www.iconlogic.com/quark8_basics.htm
QuarkXPress 8 Training Videos
• QuarkXPress 8 Video Tutorials produced by Video Training Company: http://www.vtc.com/products/QuarkXPress-8-Tutorials.htm
• QuarkXPress 8 Levels 1 and 2 produced by Talented Pixie: http://www.talentedpixie.com/subject_details.asp?softwareID=21&productTitle=QuarkXPress%208&productID=220
• QuarkXPress 7 and 8: Core Video Training by Mark Schlesinger and produced by Mediaroots: http://students.pugh.co.uk/index.php?nID=productDetail&manu=64&prodID=1695
In-person Training and Online Resources
In addition to the valuable resources published by recognised industry experts, Quark works with training experts from around the world through its QuarkXPress Certified Training Program. Find a trainer here:
For ongoing updates and tips related to QuarkXPress 8, visit:
• QuarkXPress 8 “Learn More” page: http://8.quark.com/learn_more.html
• I Love Design: www.ilovedesign.com
• X-Ray Magazine: www.xraymag.com
• Planet Quark: www.planetquark.com
• Quark TV on YouTube: www.youtube.com/quarkxpress8
• Twitter: @QuarkXPress and @QuarkNews
Quark Inc. www.quark.com/en led the first revolution in publishing with QuarkXPress®, desktop publishing software that rapidly became the industry standard. Today, not only does QuarkXPress continue to innovate in the desktop publishing market, Quark is revolutionising publishing again. With Quark® Dynamic Publishing Solution, we are helping customers meet changing requirements and develop new revenue streams by extending the benefits of advanced technologies across the publishing process. Our dynamic publishing solution is setting a new standard in automated multi-channel publishing by combining the power of flexible layout and design with easy XML authoring and automated workflows for customised communications across print, the Web and electronic media.
# # #
Quark, the Quark logo and QuarkXPress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quark, Inc. and its affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. /font>